Goodbyes are never easy.
To me, they’re the hardest part of leaving.
But life is a constant wheel of change, and change is necessary for growth. So when I find myself in the position to say goodbye – to people, places, or things – it’s always bittersweet.
I struggle with goodbyes because I hate anticipating the fact that I may never see someone again. If you’re important enough to me to warrant a goodbye, then you’re important enough for me to at least attempt to keep in touch.
Therefore this is for you, the people who I am not saying goodbye to:
- It’s been my pleasure, being able to spend this portion of my life with you. I may not have expressed it often enough, but I appreciate you so much. I will miss our talks, our laughter, and our mutual love of all the awesome things this world has to offer for our entertainment.
- I will miss you because even though we will keep in touch there is so much to be said about daily interactions and sharing joy in the little things in life.
- You have invested in my life and you can be certain that I WILL be keeping you updated about it.
- Be prepared to talk about the “good old times” because some of the things we shared are just too funny to NOT bring up every time we see each other.
- You will do amazing things and I cannot wait to celebrate your future accomplishments with you.
- Please keep in touch because my new adventures will be exciting but they may also be lonely.
Remember, this isn’t goodbye. It’s simply “see ya later.”
I’ll see you when I see you and I hope it’s someday soon. – Jason Aldean
(Featured image: Kathryn Ho, www.instagram.com/khitters)