Here are 27 things I’ve learned in my 27 years…
- Taking a deep breath is always a good first step.
- Family comes first.
- Genuine friends are hard to come by, put effort into those relationships.
- Try and experience something or someplace new every year.
- Step onto the continent outside of your comfort zone.
- Invest in a pair of good travel shoes.
- Show, don’t always tell.
- Speak positively, speak confidently.
- Kill ‘em with kindness.
- If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Listen to hear, not to reply.
- If you can do something in 5 minutes, do it right away.
- Be early if you can’t be on time.
- Don’t forget to celebrate small victories.
- Not everyone progresses at the same pace.
- You don’t have to follow someone else’s path.
- Some things are best in moderation.
- Love, respect, and appreciation are always better in excess.
- Believe in something bigger than yourself for those days when prayer is all you have.
- Staying hopeful is not a weakness.
- Find your balance.
- Time spent recuperating – mentally, physically, or emotionally – is never time wasted.
- You don’t need to wear a Lokai bracelet to be humble and be hopeful.
- Don’t live just for the weekend.
- Fake it till you make it.
- Change your attitude to change your perspective.
- You’re a mother*cking sun – don’t you ever forget that.
Live Life. – James Paul Alexander Haughey
(Featured image: Kathryn Ho, www.instagram.com/khitters)